North Devon Permaculture Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honey for swop/sale

2 posters

Go down

Honey for swop/sale Empty Honey for swop/sale

Post by Chris P Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:14 pm

Jan and I have some of this seasons honey still available
We sell it locally for £5.00 per 1lb Jar, happy to sell to members at £4.00 if you promise to return the jar!! or always willing to consider a swop.

Regards

Chris

Chris P

Back to top Go down

Honey for swop/sale Empty Re: Honey for swop/sale

Post by josephine_thompson Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:21 am

Hey.
I don't know if I have anything to swap yet, time, and in a couple fo months im sure there will be some seedlings. But I am really interesting in Bee keeping. Could you at some point let me come and learn some more about it? I am hoping to attend a course at Embercombe in April about Natural Bee keeping with top bar hives. I will try to check the forum regularly but if you want to reach me direct my email is josephinesarahthompson@gmail.com.
Thanks a lot!
Josephine

josephine_thompson

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris P Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi Josephine

Jan and I have a couple of hives which have come through a very wet winter and are currently working on the willow on our plot. We are old fashioned bee keepers using national hives. We have a couple of spare bee suits and would be happy to spend some time with you looking at the processes involved. We are not persuaded by the top bar system but everyone needs to choose which approach to take.  The only issue is that at the beginning of the season we don't open the hives if the weather is too cold or wet as it can affect the brood. Do you live locally?
As for a swop  I think we can come to some arrangement!
You can contact me direct at ccportman@aol.com. Look forward to our first swop.
Regards Chris and Jan

Last edited by Chris P on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor typo)

Chris P

Back to top Go down

Post by josephine_thompson Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Thanks, thats great! I'll send you an email.
Talk soon
Regards, Josephine

josephine_thompson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum